Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Enclosed

Have I really been writing everyday? You’re lucky =P No la, I do get time off. I enjoy the ship tremendously now. know quite a few more people. All thanks to work, eday and living in this enclosed space that is the beautiful blue and white ship.


I went for the BBQ last night and had WONDERFUL GERMAN FOOD! Sausages and burger patties and salads and ALL THE YUMMY STUFF! It was Barbequed on a real outdoor stove that uses WOOD and the sausages we cooked in OPEN fire. Not the che kai grill we use at home where the meat just cooks on top. And it was quite a big house with a huge garden at the back that had a swing in the tree!! It was soooo lovely. I’ve always always always wanted to swing on those things. And mind you, its not puny and weak okay, it the HUGE and TALL tree with super strong rope =d Janene says “you ar, no childhood la” HEH! The couple also had a super cute and super smart 1 year old daughter =) and and and and, I sat behind a truck!! You know… TRUCK! In the back, where they normally put stuff in. not covered, wind in your hair,( and because it started raining, water too) Sweeeet! Talked about lots of serious stuff with the doulois. One from Austria, one from Netherlands, one from Germany. How cool is that? And we watched 2 dvd sermons. Indescribable and the other one. Came back at 10.55pm! 5 min before curfew!


I woke up at 6am this morning. AM I a HERO or what you tell meeee?! With good reason of course. They were moving the ship into the right berth to do other stuff to prepare the ship for its next voyage. It’s super cool. They basically moved it opposite where we were, but they had to move it in one big circle. Wind in your hair, deckies working, movement in the bridge, the horn sounding, tuck boats, mooring lines (that what you call it?)… Mark, I know you’re SUPER SUPER jealous =P =P ooo, and jelly fish! Squishy!


I worked coffee bar today (Where they sell ice cream, cookies, and juices. Opposite the book ex). It a nice shift, but it’s tiring as well because it’s non stop and the people just keep coming. Know why it’s a nice shift? Because I get to eat all the ice cream I want! And a free cookie!! The cookies are humongous. Remember how I said I love the bakery? Or did I not mention it? Anyway, it’s super good. All the mixing when you prepare the ice cream and juices. You actually use a whisk and beat it like crap. Musclessssssss =P had to wear this sarong like skirt which looks really nice but a pain when you have to run. I think I can work at MacDonalds no problem next time wei. By the time I’m finished here, I’d be super pro at making ice ream from the machine already!


Yesterday was nice. During the 5 hours I told you about, us steppers just hung out at the gym area talking about everything. From SP( =P), to living on the ship,to committing for 2 years and everything else. Then they moved to the pier after ice cream and cookies while janene and I got ready for the BBQ. It was a nice slow day.

I'm really loving ship life.

Oh, and yesterday, at the bungalow, I used their toilet. I sat down, I felt really really weird. I couldn’t put my finger on it at all. Then it HIT me. It’s been a week since I’ve used a toilet with that much spaceee!! HAH!

I really have to start controlling my food intake. Ish… and the sun on saturday left me quite a nice tan! =P the neck doesn't hurt anymore too. Oh yes, and people here have another way of calling me. So far, it's either Jasmine or Yasmine. Sounds nicee =D

So the containers (stuff we need on the ship that gets delivered every few months. Stuff like food, and other necessities) are coming tomorrow and everything is being done to prepare for the voyage. Life on the ship has been noisy and busy. But I love it!

edit:right after typing this posts, Joey(stepper) came to me and asked me if i wanted to give a tour. and just before that, I asked Janen if she wanted to give one to gether with me. Somehting I thought of doing while I have nothing to do. And tada! One was brought to me. Weird la, giving tour. Sometimes I don't really know what to do and it's so crowded and you feel like all eyes are watching you. So it's horrible if you say something wrong. Nvm, I'll get used to it. Feel so noobish.

Pictures!

ps:we're actually wearing skirts because that's the dress code in PNG.


Candid at the beach


Janene and Jeanette the birthday girl




the pier (that's what its called right)


yes, I climed it in a skirt. I was actaully wearing the GB shirt. So when helped is offered, I say "I'm a GB girl"=P


I was helping out at the coffee bar

watching the deckies at work



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

U noob! 6.45am. Ur not cool anymore. Now i have to go find something to eat. Maybe some che kai imported german sausage and grill on our che kai grill. U sure ppl arent just saying yes mine, not yasmine? (lame... :D)

.... OMG! mom just walked into the glass door again! comment more later when i stop laughing