Saturday, April 12, 2008

I are EXHAUSTED

I just came back from Eday(ministry day) it was the Kids Day thing. We went to this really poor part of Port Moresby. Have I mentioned that it’s SUPER HOT here? It’s like noon weather in KL excapt it last for Hours and HOURS. So we went for it, and this guy, I think he’s from Austria, organised it. I was in a public field right next to a main road that is FILLED with portholes! It’s like riding a rollercoaster in the car, especially if you’re in the Doulos van and if you’re sitting on the foldable seat, which is what I did. So, back to the kids day. We went out at 8.45am, I just tell you what happened in between la okay? I went back to the cabin(room) after teaching (message), changed, and it was already 8.45. I ran out of the room, went up to info, where the exit is, and realized I forgot my badge. I ran down, and my roommate was already on the way up to pass it to me. But then I realized I’ve forgotten to bring my ID card, which we need if we go out. So I ran back to the room and tada! It was actually in my pocket. So I RAN to the exit again. And thank God they have not left! Not leaving yet actually. While waiting, I realized again that I forgot my retainers!! HAH! Fortunately for me, suanne was outside looking over. I signalled to her to go get it and pass it to me, and she did cause she’s WONDERFUL! Right, that was the last, and we took off. Arrived, passed out soap packets with invitations to the fun day in the rural streets. Finished, and went back to help set up, under the sun, LITERALLY! Blablabla, prepared, sort things out yadayada. Oh ya, I’m super blessed because they don’t normally have this kind of big events and I, a stepper actually get to go, Janene did to. Was incharge of a game station along with another local. The game was “ big foot “ two wooden big feet and the kids pull strings connected to it and race across. It was nice. But I was grilling myself under the sun. My hands are red btw and I haven’t even seen the rest of my face yet. Thank God I had my cap and applied some sun block. I wish I had my sun block =( after games, was the program by Doulos. Worship, drama, etc… it was nice. Janene and I weren’t involved though, so we just sat at a side, got dehydrated and almost died of exhaustion. (there were no chairs either). It went on for about 3 hours? Then finally time to go!! I’m wearing the 2005 GB cadet camp t- shirt, so this PNG girl came to me and asked me about it. Told me she’s in GB as well. I asked her to email me and maybe I can meet her and the rest on Monday, which is my OFF DAY! Yeap, im tired, did I mention we only had on piece of bread for lunch? No lah, not as bad. The size of it is like 4 gardenia breads together with butter. I got to know some of the Doulois more and experience so so so much. It was such a poor are with drunkards and street homes and such. The kids are also super cute of course. I’m so sunburnt! Ouch! It was about 700 kids? I think...

Prayer night! It was on Wednesday. 3 hours of prayer for everything that needs to be prayed for. The ship is in a dangerous situation now actually. Doulos is SITTING on the sea bed during low tide! And that’s not good because there’s more than dirt at the bottom. Lots of junk here. Beams, cables, etc. so we needed to be in a specific berth which we weren’t likely to get. But we prayed, and news was just out that we got it.

Oh and work! I LOVE laundry! Have I mentioned that yet? It’s sooo nice. All I do is fold and sort and stuff. And then there coffee car! Where the ice creams and cookies and juicers are sold. Janene and I helped out last night. I get my shift there on Tuesday! Yay! That means free ice cream and free cookie! Oh, and the bakery is AH MA ZING! The cakes and breads and cookies… YUM.

I’m gonna miss PNG when we leave =(

Mum, doulos is closing already la! Joy won’t have a chance to come join it. But she can always join the new ships!!!

edit. PICTURES! they're disorganised... but I don't care la




Cabin mates!



South Korean Steppers


Bed =) note the space!




Beautiful view in PNG from the ship!


and again


Tired travelers (BRIS to POM)



Laundry area!!

Beatiful PNG sunset

Jon and Claudia on satallite deck

Suanne and pom pom!

Sunrise from the plane =D

View of PNG from the plane

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and your forgetfulness. Dad says, sounds more like "MONG CHA CHA-NESS"!
justin says CHEEE! CLEAR THE PLATES!!!

BTW (dad said between), mom just fell thru her bedroom door and she said needa get penang (PNG)to go visa! This is because aunty bee yeow actually thought you had to go to penang to get visa when dad told her you are getting the visa on arrival in PNG!!!!

eh u die. cause of you the tree was in ur room. then dad saw it. then dad emo. then dad pull my hair. then dad hantam me. and pull me hair sumore. now i have no hair. now my baby died, now i lost weight. oh yea. then ur tree went down

Dad is going to make espresso dunk ice cream with rum on FIRE. (titi gonna dunk it) Had home cooked curry fish head for dinner. Mom said the marble dinner table feels empty without you. awwwww

SEND MORE PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -mom

WHO TOOK TWO OF MY CUPCAKES! - dad (making dessert)

I DIDNT TAKE ANY! oh wait.. yea i did... - titi

will send you pictures of the dessert soon sista

ps: mom ask u to come back and finish her soup.. "no one to feeneesh my soup now LA >:("