Sunday, April 13, 2008

one week and toilets

Hey hey hey

 

It’s 6.50pm! What a day I tell you. I really really really don’t like washing toilets. Today, I washed 8! 8 smelly toilets used by the public. And I had to start at 7am in the hot sun. So it was wash 4 toilets in about 2 hours, go for breakfast then church service thinking I’m done, was told three are 4 more public toilets!!! Sigh, by the time I was done, it was lunch already. And the toilets are not clean OK! And they don’t smell nice either. 2 toilets were clogged! Very very very badly with loads of yucky stuff in it. Urgh!!! It was my first time working alone. So I didn’t really know what to bring up. So when I was short of anything, I had to walk alllll the way down to the 555 (the accom store room, almost next to my cabin). Not to mention the pail of mop water I had to carry down also. Eh, sea creatures, I’m growing muscles already la! Then I had to wait till the evening, and no one’s ever told me what time, to check the toilets. Check meaning, disinfect the toilet seats, clear the rubbish, refill toilet paper, spray deodorant. So while waiting, I just slept my cabin floor because I was too smelly to sleep on my bed with new sheets and I’m still in my accomm work uniform anyway. And while sleeping, I had to worry if I’d oversleep and miss the “checking time” which I don’t even know yet by then (accomm leader wasn’t around), but the volunteers are such darlings la. I asked them if they knew way before and when I woke up to go look for people to ask again, they saw me and told me they’ve asked someone already. HOW SWEET! So BACK TO SLEEP! Only had to check at 5pm. And IT WAS RAINING AT 5pm =( Nvm, even when it rains, it’s still as beautiful as ever. It’s like being on a mountain top and the cold wind is blowing on your head while little drops of rain splash on you. =D   OH! And I remember the sunburn? I usually have it worse around my neck and it was no different this time. So while working, with sweat pouring down my face, my neck was also hurting like mad. I just checked the schedule thank God I’m not on anymore SU4 shifts! At least not for another week.

 

Eh, people, email me la!! It’s been a week already, and it was looking forward to other things that kept me sane, but it’s been a week aready so not as many things. I need encouragement wei =P =P

 

I have to go, someone waiting to use.I’m usually online between 5pm-7pm your time =)



__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3021 (20080412) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

2 comments:

Dad_Koit said...

Mum and I think that you look tired and physically stressed in your photos. Please make sure you don't stretch yourself and get enough sleep. You may be young but prolonged lack of sleep will make you fall sick in no time. Surely you don't want to end up being sick on board and spending the rest of your 2 months recovering?

Apply the sunblock whenever you know you're going to be exposed to the scorching sun.

Tee Tee said your responsibilities at home when you finally get back should be Home ACCOM! Look here, mum also doesn't know everthing about washing toilets, ok. The other day, she poured some really strong detergent all over the bathroom floor, thinking that was the way to get rid of stubborn stains. Guess what? I am now left with white patches on my beautiful blue floor! You can teach her a thing or two about toilet cleaning when you get back, eh?

SO much for now. Take care,

Cheers,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Haha, y is there mong cha cha-ness in nearly every post?

Can u actually read your comments and chat box? quote from your MINE site - "I won't have access to both blogs while on board, so can't read chatbox, only comments (if they get sent to me)"

U would've wasted alota credit, i mean time, cause theres stuff in your chatbox and comments. Reply la!