Monday, April 28, 2008

Been busy

Hey, sorry people, I’ve just been so busy. We arrived on Tuesday and my week just went KABOOM! on Thursday.

 

Tuesday -  work, go into port, watch deckies work.

Wednesday – work, go swimming

Thrusday – work, mini I-night, Chinese fellowship, mini I-night, Chinese fellowship

Friday – work, youth night

Saturday – Eday in town, Eday at I-café

Sunday – Church team, swimming at million dollar point, accomm party

Monday – ON CALL! ( work the whole day =( )

 

So yeap, work normally ends at around 3 and then I do some stuff in between and then go for some event. I volunteered for all of them except Saturday which was my designated Eday. Note that I was apart of INTERNATIONAL CAFÉ? I was a table host ( sit at the tables with people and talk to them as they enjoy then program). What so special about this is that the last time Doulos was in Malaysia, also the last time I was on the ship before STEP was to attend I-café. I ATTENDED last time and this time I HOST! So yeap, that’s special.

 

And being on call doesn’t exactly mean I work the whole day. I start at 1pm, do some toilet cleaning (URGH!) throw rubbish, more toilet cleaning (URGH!), then wait till 2 + to do more toilet cleaning, then till 5 plus for more toilet cleaning, and some laundry, and at 7 for more toilet cleaning, then at 8 for laundry and then at 9 for more laundry till about 11. If you’re OC on normal days (meaning not Sunday or Monday, then you can start work at 1pm and do whatever you want in the morning. But because I’m OC on Monday, I can’t leave the ship incase of cleaning emergencies. See, I had plans this morning to go swim at Million Dollar Point with my K –group (ship family),and the get back before 1pm, but I didn’t know that I have to stay on the ship until just before I left! =( Nvm, I went there yesterday, only difference is that there’d be more people and I actually remembered to bring my goggles to check out the corals. Argh, I can see corals in Fiji la! And besides, I need to rest!!!

 

Youth night was great! We went to this church in town that had about 300 plus youth from all over. We worshiped with them and it was wonderful. They all sing beautifully and they know the words by heart which means they didn’t screen the words. I just clapped and dance along, follow the actions and try to follow the songs, some of the songs I knew… They sing in parts with the keyboard, drums guitar etc. I was nice. There were only light in that church, no fan, no AC… but it wasn’t that hot. Oh, and there a field right outside the church, and because we went at night, I just looked up and saw a field of stars!! Amazing. Because Claudia and I volunteered, we didn’t take part in the program. We just watched the reast of the team which consisted about 15 people, do their drama and such. Claudia and I only took part in the altar call. I never prayed for so many people I tell you! But it was great. Most of them wanted to pray for studies, for protection of their faith, for a stronger walk with God. And while all this praying was going on , the power went off about 3 times! But the singing and praying continued.

 

And then eday in town was also nice. I think I told you about the Chinese people here? There are loads of them. They came to the ship for a program on Thursday and on Saturday 7 of us Chinese ship people went out into town to visit their shops and talk to them. I follow Irene (fellow Malaysian) and Shawn (Singaporean Stepper, no mum, not my cousin =P) and we visited this shop owned by a Chinese couple from China. We just started chatting with them putting in some Gospel when we can ( they were not Irene’s target, it was the couples friend that was her target.) So while waiting for the friend to arrive we just chat! We were suppose to meet up with the others at11.30am, but they still haven’t arrived. Nvm, we just said our good bye’s and left. We arrived at the meeting point at 11.45 and were suppose to walk back to the ship. It was hot, but it wasn’t a very far walk. But then , TADA! A doulos van passes by and picks us up! HAH! It was great la the whole thing. I can’t remember the last time I spoke so much mandarin. The couple we visited doesn’t know any English, so couldn’t mix it like I normally do at home. I couldn’t even understand what Irene was telling them at times!

 

Then I-café was also awesome. I told you why already but there’s more. I we had table clothes over tables (duh) and then we also put flags on the tables. I saw the Malaysian flag in the container and immediately placed it on the nearest empty table. So happen,  t was the table right in front of the stage! HAH! So, that was MY table =P and then this French guy pulak go and sit there, I “ kicked” him off fer fer =P So when I started, my table got filled and I basically talked a lot. Ask lots of questions, blabla, then the performances were wonderful. And at the end, I just asked them how they felt about it, some said they’re encouraged to live a more chirst like life, they felt the presence of God, they’re very privileged to be there. It was great!!!

 

I went on church team on Sunday. It was awesome I telllll youuuuu. Sunday was actually my off day since I’m OC on Monday. But since I’m off, go for church team lo. Just talked about it abit on Saturday and decided that I’d do scripture reading for Laura’s testimony and drama. It’s a simple drama I’ve seen performed twice already, but I still wanted to practice it. Suppose to practice it about 15 min before we leave on Sunday, but then people that picked us up came early! So no chance to practice =( die man. We went in a van and reached the church after a 5 plus min drive. It’s sooooo beautiful! I’ll upload pic of the church. It’s just basically the very old school village type of church. No electricity, wooden stools for chairs, wooden walls, chickens running about. Very nice. I did the reading, and then came drama! Oh migosh, ll I had to do was actually stand still like a statue and then the other person would act and put me in different positions. Mikael’s a great actor, very expressive and VERY FUNNY! It was so difficult to stand ther and NOT LAUGH! I had to hold it in so much and at ne point I couldn’t take it anymore and just closed my eyes, was gritting my teeth and al that. MIGOSH! Laura said she was watching me more than Miakel cause I was more entertaining “is she gonna laugh? Is she gonna laugh?” but I didn’t la. And the when the service was coming to an end, the pastor said “ jasmine, you’re from Malaysia? I was there 15 years ago and I’m curious to know how it’s like to be in a “ muslim Country” could you come up and share with us?” OWEMEEGOSH! Nvm, I just went up and talked….. !!! But I had stuff to say already since he’s not the first person to have asked me about that. But still la, suddenly ask me to stand infront of everyone and talk. EEK!  Then it was luch and the food was super nice. SUPER big banana, SUPER smooth avocado, then yam wrapped in some island veg, some kind of meat cooked in 3 different ways. It was so yummy, but I don’t even know what meat it is! HAH! Could be anythingggg.

 

The after church team, I went to million dollar point which is a tourist spot around here. It a beach where the American navy dumped their stuff during WW2. It was beautiful and windy. So the current was strong. I just followed the current and swam out quite far. It was so nice. Lots of corals and could see the remnants of the navy stuff by the beach. Will upload pics when I can. Can’t seem to be able to put them in the comp.

 

Accomm party was mad la! We had to dress up in shower curtains or bed sheets! With clothes underneath of course. It was a party to say good bye to our leader Eleanor. She’s going to change departments and work as info girl instead. So it was a farewell and a welcome to out new boss – Tuya! And a birthday celebration at the same time for Doini as well. We played games, ate lots of sweets etc.

 

Okay…… this is a LONG post! Don’t expect more like this =P I could only write like this since I CAN’T GET OFF THE SHIP! Will get more pics up when I can.

 

tata

 



__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3058 (20080427) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

No comments: